Lost or Damaged Passport Consular Services

Change of Name in the Passport

i. A new passport is issued

ii. Duly filled passport application Form.

iii. Four recent photographs (2-inch X 2-inch) showing the face clearly, against a light background.

iv. Current passport along with copy of front and last page.

v. Copy of ARC (Original ARC to be shown at time of submission of application)

vi.Clippings of the two newspapers[Attach original newspaper advertisement (complete page with date) for your change of name. Ads must appear in an Indian National Newspaper and a regional newspaper, in the local language (as per the address in applicant’s passport)] or the Gazette notification of the concerned State Government.

vii. At least two public/school documents issued in the desired/applied change name to ascertain that the applicant has actually changed his name.

viii. Payment of prescribed fees in cash.

ix. Form H (Annexure E) – Specimen Affidavit for change in name/deed poll/sworn affidavit.

x. Click here for fees.